Aug 31, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
While Joe Mauer‘s soiree on the waiver wire made big headlines, the fact that Felix Hernandez was out there too was unknown until Friday, when FOXSports.com’s Jon Morosi reported that both Hernandez and Jason Vargas have been claimed on waivers.
Kevin Millwood cleared waivers and is thus eligible to be traded. However, he’d have to be moved today in order to be postseason eligible for another team.
Morosi reports that neither Hernandez nor Vargas will be traded to the teams that claimed them. That was a given with Hernandez, but perhaps a deal could have been worked out with Vargas.
Hernandez has won his last nine decisions to move to the forefront of the AL Cy Young race. He’s 13-5 with a league-best 2.43 ERA.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)