Aug 31, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Matt Kemp gave the Dodgers quite a scare when he crashed into the center field fence at Coors Field on Tuesday night, but after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday, he’s back in the starting lineup tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Kemp ended up suffering a bruised right knee from the collision while a precautionary CAT scan on his jaw came back negative. He never showed any concussion symptoms.
The Dodgers have lost four out of their last five games, so Don Mattingly is using tonight’s game as an opportunity to shake things up. Kemp will bat cleanup for the first time this season while the recently-acquired Adrian Gonzalez will slide into the third spot.
Kemp, 27, is batting .337/.404/.584 with 17 home runs, 54 RBI and a .988 OPS in 78 games played this season.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11