Aug 31, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Matt Kemp gave the Dodgers quite a scare when he crashed into the center field fence at Coors Field on Tuesday night, but after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday, he’s back in the starting lineup tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Kemp ended up suffering a bruised right knee from the collision while a precautionary CAT scan on his jaw came back negative. He never showed any concussion symptoms.
The Dodgers have lost four out of their last five games, so Don Mattingly is using tonight’s game as an opportunity to shake things up. Kemp will bat cleanup for the first time this season while the recently-acquired Adrian Gonzalez will slide into the third spot.
Kemp, 27, is batting .337/.404/.584 with 17 home runs, 54 RBI and a .988 OPS in 78 games played this season.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36