Aug 31, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Matt Kemp gave the Dodgers quite a scare when he crashed into the center field fence at Coors Field on Tuesday night, but after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday, he’s back in the starting lineup tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Kemp ended up suffering a bruised right knee from the collision while a precautionary CAT scan on his jaw came back negative. He never showed any concussion symptoms.
The Dodgers have lost four out of their last five games, so Don Mattingly is using tonight’s game as an opportunity to shake things up. Kemp will bat cleanup for the first time this season while the recently-acquired Adrian Gonzalez will slide into the third spot.
Kemp, 27, is batting .337/.404/.584 with 17 home runs, 54 RBI and a .988 OPS in 78 games played this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)