Aug 31, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The 21-year-old Myers will remain with Triple-A Omaha through the end of the minor league season, and because the Storm Chasers are in the playoffs, that could mean he’ll still be playing in Triple-A through mid-September.
And it’s no lock that the Royals will call him up afterwards. Myers doesn’t have to be added to the 40-man roster this winter, so the Royals could decide not to promote him in order to give themselves a little more flexibility in their offseason maneuverings. After all, Jose Guillen is going to be a free agent.
Of course, that’d hardly be fair to Myers, who has had a case for a promotion for months. He’s hit .306/.383/.592 with 36 homers and 105 RBI between Double- and Triple-A this year. He has 23 homers in 95 games in Triple-A. The Royals called up a 21-year-old Eric Hosmer after just 26 games in Triple-A last year.
But then again, Hosmer wasn’t blocked by Jeff Francoeur.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)