Aug 31, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The 21-year-old Myers will remain with Triple-A Omaha through the end of the minor league season, and because the Storm Chasers are in the playoffs, that could mean he’ll still be playing in Triple-A through mid-September.
And it’s no lock that the Royals will call him up afterwards. Myers doesn’t have to be added to the 40-man roster this winter, so the Royals could decide not to promote him in order to give themselves a little more flexibility in their offseason maneuverings. After all, Jose Guillen is going to be a free agent.
Of course, that’d hardly be fair to Myers, who has had a case for a promotion for months. He’s hit .306/.383/.592 with 36 homers and 105 RBI between Double- and Triple-A this year. He has 23 homers in 95 games in Triple-A. The Royals called up a 21-year-old Eric Hosmer after just 26 games in Triple-A last year.
But then again, Hosmer wasn’t blocked by Jeff Francoeur.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 21
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 6
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 63
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games