Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
From Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland comes word that Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be scratched from Saturday’s starting lineup against the Rangers because of soreness in his right wrist.
Cabrera is listed as day-to-day, though wrist injuries are often unpredictable. Jason Donald got the start in his place and seems likely to also fill in during Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Texas.
Cabrera, 26, is batting .270/.335/.423 with 14 home runs and 53 RBI through 121 games played this season. He finished with a .273/.332/.460 slash line, 25 homers and 92 RBI in 2011.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)