Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
From Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland comes word that Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be scratched from Saturday’s starting lineup against the Rangers because of soreness in his right wrist.
Cabrera is listed as day-to-day, though wrist injuries are often unpredictable. Jason Donald got the start in his place and seems likely to also fill in during Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Texas.
Cabrera, 26, is batting .270/.335/.423 with 14 home runs and 53 RBI through 121 games played this season. He finished with a .273/.332/.460 slash line, 25 homers and 92 RBI in 2011.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)