Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
From Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland comes word that Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be scratched from Saturday’s starting lineup against the Rangers because of soreness in his right wrist.
Cabrera is listed as day-to-day, though wrist injuries are often unpredictable. Jason Donald got the start in his place and seems likely to also fill in during Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Texas.
Cabrera, 26, is batting .270/.335/.423 with 14 home runs and 53 RBI through 121 games played this season. He finished with a .273/.332/.460 slash line, 25 homers and 92 RBI in 2011.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)