Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
From Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland comes word that Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be scratched from Saturday’s starting lineup against the Rangers because of soreness in his right wrist.
Cabrera is listed as day-to-day, though wrist injuries are often unpredictable. Jason Donald got the start in his place and seems likely to also fill in during Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Texas.
Cabrera, 26, is batting .270/.335/.423 with 14 home runs and 53 RBI through 121 games played this season. He finished with a .273/.332/.460 slash line, 25 homers and 92 RBI in 2011.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)