Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
From Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland comes word that Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be scratched from Saturday’s starting lineup against the Rangers because of soreness in his right wrist.
Cabrera is listed as day-to-day, though wrist injuries are often unpredictable. Jason Donald got the start in his place and seems likely to also fill in during Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Texas.
Cabrera, 26, is batting .270/.335/.423 with 14 home runs and 53 RBI through 121 games played this season. He finished with a .273/.332/.460 slash line, 25 homers and 92 RBI in 2011.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 0
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)