Sep 1, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Bombers. According to Erik Boland of New York Newsday, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said the MRI didn’t show anything serious. He’s dealing with some “mild tendinitis” and could play as soon as tomorrow.
2:27 PM: Things just aren’t going the Yankees’ way right now.
Curtis Granderson was forced to leave this afternoon’s game against the Orioles after just two innings due to tightness in his right hamstring. More should be known on his status after he undergoes a precautionary MRI.
Ichiro Suzuki moved over to center field after Granderson exited and should get most of the playing time there for now. Alex Rodriguez began a minor league rehab assignment last night and is likely just a couple of days away from returning from the disabled list, but this Yankees’ lineup isn’t nearly as scary with Granderson and Mark Teixeira both sidelined.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)