Sep 1, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Bombers. According to Erik Boland of New York Newsday, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said the MRI didn’t show anything serious. He’s dealing with some “mild tendinitis” and could play as soon as tomorrow.
2:27 PM: Things just aren’t going the Yankees’ way right now.
Curtis Granderson was forced to leave this afternoon’s game against the Orioles after just two innings due to tightness in his right hamstring. More should be known on his status after he undergoes a precautionary MRI.
Ichiro Suzuki moved over to center field after Granderson exited and should get most of the playing time there for now. Alex Rodriguez began a minor league rehab assignment last night and is likely just a couple of days away from returning from the disabled list, but this Yankees’ lineup isn’t nearly as scary with Granderson and Mark Teixeira both sidelined.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)