Sep 2, 2012, 9:41 AM EST
Brandon Inge is done for the 2012 season.
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, the veteran third baseman re-injured his right shoulder on Saturday night in the A’s 7-1 victory over the Red Sox and will undergo surgery in a week that will require six months of recovery time.
“My damn shoulder came out again,” Inge told reporters after the game. “I gave it my best shot. I knew it was going to be rough coming into it. In a year like this, you don’t leave anything on the table. I literally gave everything I had to offer to this team. And I’m at peace with it.”
Josh Donaldson seems likely to serve as the A’s primary third baseman down the stretch. Inge, 35, will finish up with a .218/.275/.383 batting line, 12 home runs and 54 RBI. He’ll be a free agent this winter.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)