Sep 2, 2012, 4:58 PM EST
Bay hadn’t had an at-bat since Aug. 25 before going yard against Buehrle in the first inning today. He had made four appearances since that date, all as a late-game replacement for Lucas Duda in left field.
Bay also singled today to lift his average to .160. He has a respectable seven homers in 162 at-bats this season (that’d equate to 24 homers in 550 at-bats), but they’ve come with just 17 singles and two doubles.
With the win today, the Mets recorded their first three-game sweep in Miami since 2007.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)