Sep 2, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Joey Votto is just about ready for active duty.
The 28-year-old first baseman hit a solo home run Saturday in his rehab debut with Triple-A Louisville, finishing 1-for-3 with two strikeouts while feeling no lingering discomfort in his surgically-repaired knee.
Votto went 1-for-5 with with an RBI and three walks in his first three rehab games last week with the Low-A Dayton Dragons, and seems to be almost back to full health after an absence of nearly two months.
The plan, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, is for Votto to return to the Reds on Monday.
Cincy enters play Sunday with an 8.5-game lead over the Cardinals in the National League Central.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims