Sep 2, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
According to beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, De La Rosa is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Wednesday evening with the Rockies’ rookie-league affiliate in Grand Junction, Colorado and could be cleared to rejoin the big league rotation a week or two later.
De La Rosa has been on the shelf since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in June 2011. The 31-year-old carries an $11 million player option for the 2013 season and is sure to exercise it.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)