Sep 2, 2012, 9:47 PM EST
According to beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, De La Rosa is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Wednesday evening with the Rockies’ rookie-league affiliate in Grand Junction, Colorado and could be cleared to rejoin the big league rotation a week or two later.
De La Rosa has been on the shelf since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in June 2011. The 31-year-old carries an $11 million player option for the 2013 season and is sure to exercise it.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)