Sep 2, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
Reynolds, who entered the series with just 12 homers in 103 games this season, also had two homers in Friday’s 6-1 victory.
Baltimore won despite losing starting pitching Chris Tillman to a sore elbow after three innings. Randy Wolf took over and allowing a run over 3 1/3 innings in relief to earn the victory in his Orioles debut.
By taking two out of three games, the Orioles have pulled within two games of the Yankees in the AL East. The two teams will square off four more times next weekend at Camden Yards. First, the O’s will play three against the Jays, while the Yankees will take on the Rays.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (90)