Sep 2, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Reynolds, who entered the series with just 12 homers in 103 games this season, also had two homers in Friday’s 6-1 victory.
Baltimore won despite losing starting pitching Chris Tillman to a sore elbow after three innings. Randy Wolf took over and allowing a run over 3 1/3 innings in relief to earn the victory in his Orioles debut.
By taking two out of three games, the Orioles have pulled within two games of the Yankees in the AL East. The two teams will square off four more times next weekend at Camden Yards. First, the O’s will play three against the Jays, while the Yankees will take on the Rays.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (153)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)