Sep 2, 2012, 6:54 PM EST
San Diego outhit Colorado 20-11 and scored in seven innings to the Rockies’ three yet still took a loss in an 11-10 game at Coors Field on Sunday.
The Padres became the first team in exactly two years to collect 20 hits in a nine-inning game and lose. It last happened on Sept. 2, 2010, also at Coors Field, with the Rockies on the losing end of a 12-11 game against the Phillies.
Prior to that, it happened four times in 2008, with the Rockies again involved on two occasions. It’s happened 12 times in all since 2000.
It was a rough day for Casey Kelly, who shut out the Braves for six innings Monday in his major league debut. He gave up seven runs — five earned — in 5 2/3 innings today.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)