Sep 2, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
San Diego outhit Colorado 20-11 and scored in seven innings to the Rockies’ three yet still took a loss in an 11-10 game at Coors Field on Sunday.
The Padres became the first team in exactly two years to collect 20 hits in a nine-inning game and lose. It last happened on Sept. 2, 2010, also at Coors Field, with the Rockies on the losing end of a 12-11 game against the Phillies.
Prior to that, it happened four times in 2008, with the Rockies again involved on two occasions. It’s happened 12 times in all since 2000.
It was a rough day for Casey Kelly, who shut out the Braves for six innings Monday in his major league debut. He gave up seven runs — five earned — in 5 2/3 innings today.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8