Sep 2, 2012, 6:54 PM EST
San Diego outhit Colorado 20-11 and scored in seven innings to the Rockies’ three yet still took a loss in an 11-10 game at Coors Field on Sunday.
The Padres became the first team in exactly two years to collect 20 hits in a nine-inning game and lose. It last happened on Sept. 2, 2010, also at Coors Field, with the Rockies on the losing end of a 12-11 game against the Phillies.
Prior to that, it happened four times in 2008, with the Rockies again involved on two occasions. It’s happened 12 times in all since 2000.
It was a rough day for Casey Kelly, who shut out the Braves for six innings Monday in his major league debut. He gave up seven runs — five earned — in 5 2/3 innings today.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)