Sep 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Strasburg departed with a 2-0 lead after six, only to see that get blown right away when Daniel Descalso hit a two-run homer off Sean Burnett in the seventh. The Nationals came back with two runs in the bottom of the inning and held on to win from there.
Strasburg allowed just two hits and one walk in the gem. His ERA dropped back down to 2.94 after climbing over 3.00 in a poor outing versus the Marlins last week, and he reclaimed the National League lead with his 195 strikeouts.
With Strasburg up to 156 1/3 innings on the season, there’s a good chance Friday’s start will be his last. He’s due to face the Marlins at home.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)