Sep 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Strasburg departed with a 2-0 lead after six, only to see that get blown right away when Daniel Descalso hit a two-run homer off Sean Burnett in the seventh. The Nationals came back with two runs in the bottom of the inning and held on to win from there.
Strasburg allowed just two hits and one walk in the gem. His ERA dropped back down to 2.94 after climbing over 3.00 in a poor outing versus the Marlins last week, and he reclaimed the National League lead with his 195 strikeouts.
With Strasburg up to 156 1/3 innings on the season, there’s a good chance Friday’s start will be his last. He’s due to face the Marlins at home.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40