Sep 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Strasburg departed with a 2-0 lead after six, only to see that get blown right away when Daniel Descalso hit a two-run homer off Sean Burnett in the seventh. The Nationals came back with two runs in the bottom of the inning and held on to win from there.
Strasburg allowed just two hits and one walk in the gem. His ERA dropped back down to 2.94 after climbing over 3.00 in a poor outing versus the Marlins last week, and he reclaimed the National League lead with his 195 strikeouts.
With Strasburg up to 156 1/3 innings on the season, there’s a good chance Friday’s start will be his last. He’s due to face the Marlins at home.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)