Sep 3, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
UPDATE: This is strange. Marc Topkin reports that Longoria left the game “for precautionary reasons,” given that the Rays were playing a day game after a travel day. Which, OK, but the game was tied 3-3 and the Rays are fighting for their playoff lives. Are the Nationals making decisions about his playing time now too?
3: 48 PM: No word yet on why he’s out, and there was no apparent injury while he was in the game, but Evan Longoria left the Yankees-Rays game after the seventh inning today.
As Marc Topkin notes, Longoria said today that he was feeling fine and had no plans to miss any more games for the rest of the season, so this is something of a mystery at the moment.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8