Sep 3, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
After ending the Athletics’ nine-game winning streak this afternoon, the Angels have now won 10 out of their last 13 games. While they are finally showing signs of life at just the right time, they could be without their best starter this week.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, Jered Weaver is questionable for his next start after he was hit in the right shoulder by a comebacker off the bat of Mariners second baseman Dustin Ackley in the fifth inning yesterday. The Angels’ ace managed to finish the inning, but he was replaced after giving up a single and a walk in the sixth. He hasn’t been sent for any tests yet, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said his shoulder was “a little tender” this morning.
“We’re going to wait and see how it’s feeling,” Scioscia said. “… Let’s get through this series and we’ll see how some things set up, particularly with Weave, and then we’ll have decisions.”
Weaver gave up two runs over 5 1/3 innings yesterday and was handed the loss. The 29-year-old right-hander is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 160 1/3 innings in 25 starts this season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)