Sep 3, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
After ending the Athletics’ nine-game winning streak this afternoon, the Angels have now won 10 out of their last 13 games. While they are finally showing signs of life at just the right time, they could be without their best starter this week.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, Jered Weaver is questionable for his next start after he was hit in the right shoulder by a comebacker off the bat of Mariners second baseman Dustin Ackley in the fifth inning yesterday. The Angels’ ace managed to finish the inning, but he was replaced after giving up a single and a walk in the sixth. He hasn’t been sent for any tests yet, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said his shoulder was “a little tender” this morning.
“We’re going to wait and see how it’s feeling,” Scioscia said. “… Let’s get through this series and we’ll see how some things set up, particularly with Weave, and then we’ll have decisions.”
Weaver gave up two runs over 5 1/3 innings yesterday and was handed the loss. The 29-year-old right-hander is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 160 1/3 innings in 25 starts this season.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 0
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 11
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)