Sep 3, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
After ending the Athletics’ nine-game winning streak this afternoon, the Angels have now won 10 out of their last 13 games. While they are finally showing signs of life at just the right time, they could be without their best starter this week.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, Jered Weaver is questionable for his next start after he was hit in the right shoulder by a comebacker off the bat of Mariners second baseman Dustin Ackley in the fifth inning yesterday. The Angels’ ace managed to finish the inning, but he was replaced after giving up a single and a walk in the sixth. He hasn’t been sent for any tests yet, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said his shoulder was “a little tender” this morning.
“We’re going to wait and see how it’s feeling,” Scioscia said. “… Let’s get through this series and we’ll see how some things set up, particularly with Weave, and then we’ll have decisions.”
Weaver gave up two runs over 5 1/3 innings yesterday and was handed the loss. The 29-year-old right-hander is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 160 1/3 innings in 25 starts this season.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)