Sep 3, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
After ending the Athletics’ nine-game winning streak this afternoon, the Angels have now won 10 out of their last 13 games. While they are finally showing signs of life at just the right time, they could be without their best starter this week.
According to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, Jered Weaver is questionable for his next start after he was hit in the right shoulder by a comebacker off the bat of Mariners second baseman Dustin Ackley in the fifth inning yesterday. The Angels’ ace managed to finish the inning, but he was replaced after giving up a single and a walk in the sixth. He hasn’t been sent for any tests yet, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said his shoulder was “a little tender” this morning.
“We’re going to wait and see how it’s feeling,” Scioscia said. “… Let’s get through this series and we’ll see how some things set up, particularly with Weave, and then we’ll have decisions.”
Weaver gave up two runs over 5 1/3 innings yesterday and was handed the loss. The 29-year-old right-hander is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 160 1/3 innings in 25 starts this season.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)