Sep 3, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Never mind. Sixth inning and Adeiny Hechavarria hit a single off of him and then Rajai Davis walked. Still. Whatever.
2: 44 PM: No, I don’t think this will last because it’s Joe Saunders, but it says an awful lot about the state of the Blue Jays that Mr. Saunders has thrown five perfect innings against them. The Orioles lead 3-0.
Saunders was unimpressive for the Diamondbacks this year and was shelled in his first outing for the Orioles, but today the Jays are making him look like, well, I was going to insert the name of some crazy awesome pitcher, but then I see that Saunders only has one strikeout, so it’s not like he’s dominating or anything.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)