Sep 3, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
UPDATE: Never mind. Sixth inning and Adeiny Hechavarria hit a single off of him and then Rajai Davis walked. Still. Whatever.
2: 44 PM: No, I don’t think this will last because it’s Joe Saunders, but it says an awful lot about the state of the Blue Jays that Mr. Saunders has thrown five perfect innings against them. The Orioles lead 3-0.
Saunders was unimpressive for the Diamondbacks this year and was shelled in his first outing for the Orioles, but today the Jays are making him look like, well, I was going to insert the name of some crazy awesome pitcher, but then I see that Saunders only has one strikeout, so it’s not like he’s dominating or anything.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)