Sep 3, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Never mind. Sixth inning and Adeiny Hechavarria hit a single off of him and then Rajai Davis walked. Still. Whatever.
2: 44 PM: No, I don’t think this will last because it’s Joe Saunders, but it says an awful lot about the state of the Blue Jays that Mr. Saunders has thrown five perfect innings against them. The Orioles lead 3-0.
Saunders was unimpressive for the Diamondbacks this year and was shelled in his first outing for the Orioles, but today the Jays are making him look like, well, I was going to insert the name of some crazy awesome pitcher, but then I see that Saunders only has one strikeout, so it’s not like he’s dominating or anything.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)