Sep 3, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
UPDATE: Never mind. Sixth inning and Adeiny Hechavarria hit a single off of him and then Rajai Davis walked. Still. Whatever.
2: 44 PM: No, I don’t think this will last because it’s Joe Saunders, but it says an awful lot about the state of the Blue Jays that Mr. Saunders has thrown five perfect innings against them. The Orioles lead 3-0.
Saunders was unimpressive for the Diamondbacks this year and was shelled in his first outing for the Orioles, but today the Jays are making him look like, well, I was going to insert the name of some crazy awesome pitcher, but then I see that Saunders only has one strikeout, so it’s not like he’s dominating or anything.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)