Sep 3, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Never mind. Sixth inning and Adeiny Hechavarria hit a single off of him and then Rajai Davis walked. Still. Whatever.
2: 44 PM: No, I don’t think this will last because it’s Joe Saunders, but it says an awful lot about the state of the Blue Jays that Mr. Saunders has thrown five perfect innings against them. The Orioles lead 3-0.
Saunders was unimpressive for the Diamondbacks this year and was shelled in his first outing for the Orioles, but today the Jays are making him look like, well, I was going to insert the name of some crazy awesome pitcher, but then I see that Saunders only has one strikeout, so it’s not like he’s dominating or anything.
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 0
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)