Sep 3, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Kris Medlen has been nearly unstoppable since joining the Braves rotation in late July. And he continued to be unstoppable today, pitching a complete game against the Rockies while striking out 12 and allowing nothing but an unearned run on five hits without walking a batter, as the Braves won 6-1.
The unearned run is actually sort of notable, because it’s the only run or any kind that has scored on his watch since August 11. Since joining the rotation he’s allowed four runs and has struck out 61 batters in 61 and a third innings, for an ERA of 0.59.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32