Sep 3, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
Kris Medlen has been nearly unstoppable since joining the Braves rotation in late July. And he continued to be unstoppable today, pitching a complete game against the Rockies while striking out 12 and allowing nothing but an unearned run on five hits without walking a batter, as the Braves won 6-1.
The unearned run is actually sort of notable, because it’s the only run or any kind that has scored on his watch since August 11. Since joining the rotation he’s allowed four runs and has struck out 61 batters in 61 and a third innings, for an ERA of 0.59.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)