Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch.
Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it:
I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t need it. They’re only going to miss one start, the big boys. It gives us an opportunity to rest those guys and see the kids.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)