Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch.
Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it:
I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t need it. They’re only going to miss one start, the big boys. It gives us an opportunity to rest those guys and see the kids.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)