Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch.
Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it:
I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t need it. They’re only going to miss one start, the big boys. It gives us an opportunity to rest those guys and see the kids.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)