Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch.
Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it:
I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t need it. They’re only going to miss one start, the big boys. It gives us an opportunity to rest those guys and see the kids.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8