Sep 3, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT
Votto homered Saturday and then took Sunday off, but instead of playing against the Phillies this afternoon he’ll remain at Triple-A for Louisville’s final game of the season.
Tom Groeschen of Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Votto is expected to come off the DL tomorrow, but also notes that the Reds haven’t announced anything officially and clearly they aren’t interested in rushing the former MVP back.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)