Sep 3, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez is benching three-time All-Star second baseman Dan Uggla. Uggla is hitting only .208. Martin Prado is starting at second base against Colorado on Monday for the second straight day.
Reed Johnson has been hitting .322/.355/.390 since coming over from Chicago, and he will likely slide into left field more often with Uggla benched.
Only three years and $39 million left on the Uggla deal!
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)