Sep 4, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
I’ve watched the Andres-Torres-missing-first-base-on-his-double play from yesterday’s Mets-Cardinals game several times now. I won’t go to the mattresses over it because I will acknowledge that it was close, but I’m still convinced that he touched first base because it looks like his foot was half on and half off something as he rounded.
“If you touch the base right there and you get called out, myself, I would get thrown out of the game (arguing) if I touched that base. He didn’t really react to it. So, I guess he didn’t touch it.”
Reminds me of that bit in “Homicide: A Year on the Killing Steets” when the detective tells David Simon that you know you have your murderer when he goes to sleep in his cell or in the interview room. He’s finally relaxed and not worried because he knows the jig is up.
Yep, just like that.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 18
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 32
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)