Sep 4, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
I’ve watched the Andres-Torres-missing-first-base-on-his-double play from yesterday’s Mets-Cardinals game several times now. I won’t go to the mattresses over it because I will acknowledge that it was close, but I’m still convinced that he touched first base because it looks like his foot was half on and half off something as he rounded.
“If you touch the base right there and you get called out, myself, I would get thrown out of the game (arguing) if I touched that base. He didn’t really react to it. So, I guess he didn’t touch it.”
Reminds me of that bit in “Homicide: A Year on the Killing Steets” when the detective tells David Simon that you know you have your murderer when he goes to sleep in his cell or in the interview room. He’s finally relaxed and not worried because he knows the jig is up.
Yep, just like that.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)