Sep 4, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Granderson did not play Sunday or Monday after making an early exit from Saturday’s game because of tendinitis in his right hamstring. An MRI taken over the weekend ruled out any sort of structural damage.
Granderson, 31, is batting .234/.326/.483 with 34 home runs and 79 RBI in 133 games this season.
The Yankees enter play Tuesday with a one-game lead over the Orioles in the American League East.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8