Sep 4, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Granderson did not play Sunday or Monday after making an early exit from Saturday’s game because of tendinitis in his right hamstring. An MRI taken over the weekend ruled out any sort of structural damage.
Granderson, 31, is batting .234/.326/.483 with 34 home runs and 79 RBI in 133 games this season.
The Yankees enter play Tuesday with a one-game lead over the Orioles in the American League East.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45