Sep 4, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Granderson did not play Sunday or Monday after making an early exit from Saturday’s game because of tendinitis in his right hamstring. An MRI taken over the weekend ruled out any sort of structural damage.
Granderson, 31, is batting .234/.326/.483 with 34 home runs and 79 RBI in 133 games this season.
The Yankees enter play Tuesday with a one-game lead over the Orioles in the American League East.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)