Sep 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Speaking of his chances to remain a Met long-term, Wright doesn’t even give a nod to the negotiating thing most of them do.
“I’m extremely optimistic,” he said. “I’ve really enjoyed it here … There’s not a single complaint that I have,” Wright said. “(The Mets) drafted me as a kid. They developed me. They’ve given me an opportunity to make a living playing a game. There’s a tremendous amount of mutual respect. They’ve gone above and beyond.”
Wright is hitting .311/.402/.501 with 17 homers and 79 RBI while playing a spiffy third base. I can’t see any reason why the Mets wouldn’t want him back and wouldn’t pay what the man deserves to make it happen.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)