Sep 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Speaking of his chances to remain a Met long-term, Wright doesn’t even give a nod to the negotiating thing most of them do.
“I’m extremely optimistic,” he said. “I’ve really enjoyed it here … There’s not a single complaint that I have,” Wright said. “(The Mets) drafted me as a kid. They developed me. They’ve given me an opportunity to make a living playing a game. There’s a tremendous amount of mutual respect. They’ve gone above and beyond.”
Wright is hitting .311/.402/.501 with 17 homers and 79 RBI while playing a spiffy third base. I can’t see any reason why the Mets wouldn’t want him back and wouldn’t pay what the man deserves to make it happen.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27