Sep 4, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
Note: I do a weekly podcast that’s mostly about the Minnesota Twins, but also about baseball in general and other random topics that HBT readers may find amusing.
This week’s episode of “Gleeman and The Geek” returns to our podcasting (and beer-drinking) roots after 20 weeks on the radio and topics included September call-ups that don’t involve Brian Dozier, Denard Span finally going on the disabled list, Joe Mauer waiver wire silliness, Las Vegas vacation, poor Anthony Slama, Chris Parmelee in the outfield, Arizona Fall League participants, and Jacqueline Bisset versus Steve McQueen.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)