Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The deed is done. Or something like that.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista underwent surgery in Cleveland this afternoon to repair his troublesome left wrist. The procedure was deemed an initial success, though pretty much all procedures are.
Bautista will now begin a recovery period that is expected to end just before the beginning of spring training next February. If he experinces no setbacks, he should be fine for the start of the 2013 season.
“Joey Bats” posted a .241/.358/.527 batting line with 27 home runs and 65 RBI in 92 games this year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)