Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The deed is done. Or something like that.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista underwent surgery in Cleveland this afternoon to repair his troublesome left wrist. The procedure was deemed an initial success, though pretty much all procedures are.
Bautista will now begin a recovery period that is expected to end just before the beginning of spring training next February. If he experinces no setbacks, he should be fine for the start of the 2013 season.
“Joey Bats” posted a .241/.358/.527 batting line with 27 home runs and 65 RBI in 92 games this year.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11