Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The deed is done. Or something like that.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista underwent surgery in Cleveland this afternoon to repair his troublesome left wrist. The procedure was deemed an initial success, though pretty much all procedures are.
Bautista will now begin a recovery period that is expected to end just before the beginning of spring training next February. If he experinces no setbacks, he should be fine for the start of the 2013 season.
“Joey Bats” posted a .241/.358/.527 batting line with 27 home runs and 65 RBI in 92 games this year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)