Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The deed is done. Or something like that.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista underwent surgery in Cleveland this afternoon to repair his troublesome left wrist. The procedure was deemed an initial success, though pretty much all procedures are.
Bautista will now begin a recovery period that is expected to end just before the beginning of spring training next February. If he experinces no setbacks, he should be fine for the start of the 2013 season.
“Joey Bats” posted a .241/.358/.527 batting line with 27 home runs and 65 RBI in 92 games this year.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)