Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
The deed is done. Or something like that.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista underwent surgery in Cleveland this afternoon to repair his troublesome left wrist. The procedure was deemed an initial success, though pretty much all procedures are.
Bautista will now begin a recovery period that is expected to end just before the beginning of spring training next February. If he experinces no setbacks, he should be fine for the start of the 2013 season.
“Joey Bats” posted a .241/.358/.527 batting line with 27 home runs and 65 RBI in 92 games this year.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)