Sep 4, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Napoli limited his running from home to first base. He was not running full speed. He did not try running around the bases and he did not go through any tests as far as cutting, stopping or starting. No word yet on how he felt but he’s return is still not imminent.
Napoli is at least a week away. Possibly more.
The 30-year-old slugger has been on the disabled list since mid-August because of a left quadriceps strain. He was batting .223/.343/.429 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI through 359 plate appearances.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 9
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 15
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)