Sep 4, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Napoli limited his running from home to first base. He was not running full speed. He did not try running around the bases and he did not go through any tests as far as cutting, stopping or starting. No word yet on how he felt but he’s return is still not imminent.
Napoli is at least a week away. Possibly more.
The 30-year-old slugger has been on the disabled list since mid-August because of a left quadriceps strain. He was batting .223/.343/.429 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI through 359 plate appearances.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)