Sep 4, 2012, 8:44 PM EST
Napoli limited his running from home to first base. He was not running full speed. He did not try running around the bases and he did not go through any tests as far as cutting, stopping or starting. No word yet on how he felt but he’s return is still not imminent.
Napoli is at least a week away. Possibly more.
The 30-year-old slugger has been on the disabled list since mid-August because of a left quadriceps strain. He was batting .223/.343/.429 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI through 359 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)