Sep 4, 2012, 8:44 PM EST
Napoli limited his running from home to first base. He was not running full speed. He did not try running around the bases and he did not go through any tests as far as cutting, stopping or starting. No word yet on how he felt but he’s return is still not imminent.
Napoli is at least a week away. Possibly more.
The 30-year-old slugger has been on the disabled list since mid-August because of a left quadriceps strain. He was batting .223/.343/.429 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI through 359 plate appearances.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)