Sep 4, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Napoli limited his running from home to first base. He was not running full speed. He did not try running around the bases and he did not go through any tests as far as cutting, stopping or starting. No word yet on how he felt but he’s return is still not imminent.
Napoli is at least a week away. Possibly more.
The 30-year-old slugger has been on the disabled list since mid-August because of a left quadriceps strain. He was batting .223/.343/.429 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI through 359 plate appearances.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)