Sep 4, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It sorta feels like the competitive portion of the Dbacks season is winding down. But that doesn’t mean the interesting portion is:
Gibby just said that Adam Eaton is coming up-playing CF & batting lead off tonight
— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) September 4, 2012
Eaton has some fun numbers this year. Granted, they’ve come in Reno, but anyone hitting .381/.456/.539 while playing center field is interesting, no?
He’s going to be 24 in December, so it’s not like he’s the hottest hotshot prospect in the history of everything, but he does have a .355 batting average in 1451 minor league plate appearances, some of which at least came in non-crazy offensive environments like the Southern League.
At any rate, probably a sign that the Dbacks are looking ahead to 2013 more than they’re looking to October.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 28
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 16
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 15
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)