Sep 4, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It sorta feels like the competitive portion of the Dbacks season is winding down. But that doesn’t mean the interesting portion is:
Gibby just said that Adam Eaton is coming up-playing CF & batting lead off tonight
— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) September 4, 2012
Eaton has some fun numbers this year. Granted, they’ve come in Reno, but anyone hitting .381/.456/.539 while playing center field is interesting, no?
He’s going to be 24 in December, so it’s not like he’s the hottest hotshot prospect in the history of everything, but he does have a .355 batting average in 1451 minor league plate appearances, some of which at least came in non-crazy offensive environments like the Southern League.
At any rate, probably a sign that the Dbacks are looking ahead to 2013 more than they’re looking to October.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)