Sep 4, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
It sorta feels like the competitive portion of the Dbacks season is winding down. But that doesn’t mean the interesting portion is:
Gibby just said that Adam Eaton is coming up-playing CF & batting lead off tonight
— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) September 4, 2012
Eaton has some fun numbers this year. Granted, they’ve come in Reno, but anyone hitting .381/.456/.539 while playing center field is interesting, no?
He’s going to be 24 in December, so it’s not like he’s the hottest hotshot prospect in the history of everything, but he does have a .355 batting average in 1451 minor league plate appearances, some of which at least came in non-crazy offensive environments like the Southern League.
At any rate, probably a sign that the Dbacks are looking ahead to 2013 more than they’re looking to October.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)