Sep 4, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It sorta feels like the competitive portion of the Dbacks season is winding down. But that doesn’t mean the interesting portion is:
Gibby just said that Adam Eaton is coming up-playing CF & batting lead off tonight
— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) September 4, 2012
Eaton has some fun numbers this year. Granted, they’ve come in Reno, but anyone hitting .381/.456/.539 while playing center field is interesting, no?
He’s going to be 24 in December, so it’s not like he’s the hottest hotshot prospect in the history of everything, but he does have a .355 batting average in 1451 minor league plate appearances, some of which at least came in non-crazy offensive environments like the Southern League.
At any rate, probably a sign that the Dbacks are looking ahead to 2013 more than they’re looking to October.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)