Sep 4, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It sorta feels like the competitive portion of the Dbacks season is winding down. But that doesn’t mean the interesting portion is:
Gibby just said that Adam Eaton is coming up-playing CF & batting lead off tonight
— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) September 4, 2012
Eaton has some fun numbers this year. Granted, they’ve come in Reno, but anyone hitting .381/.456/.539 while playing center field is interesting, no?
He’s going to be 24 in December, so it’s not like he’s the hottest hotshot prospect in the history of everything, but he does have a .355 batting average in 1451 minor league plate appearances, some of which at least came in non-crazy offensive environments like the Southern League.
At any rate, probably a sign that the Dbacks are looking ahead to 2013 more than they’re looking to October.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)