Sep 5, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Sweeney Murti of WFAN reports that Andy Pettitte threw 15 pitches to hitters, today. His first action against live hitters in his comeback. Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said he was “excellent” and that Pettitte’s arm strength was where he expected it to be.
Petttitte is on track to return to the Yankees’ rotation by mid-to-late September.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106