Sep 5, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Sweeney Murti of WFAN reports that Andy Pettitte threw 15 pitches to hitters, today. His first action against live hitters in his comeback. Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said he was “excellent” and that Pettitte’s arm strength was where he expected it to be.
Petttitte is on track to return to the Yankees’ rotation by mid-to-late September.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 32
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 35
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (103)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)