Sep 5, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Sweeney Murti of WFAN reports that Andy Pettitte threw 15 pitches to hitters, today. His first action against live hitters in his comeback. Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said he was “excellent” and that Pettitte’s arm strength was where he expected it to be.
Petttitte is on track to return to the Yankees’ rotation by mid-to-late September.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)