Sep 5, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Chipper Jones has played in Atlanta for 19 years. You would thus think that by now he would have figured out that Braves fans, whatever their merits, are not going to fill the ballpark very often or get crazy without the scoreboard and the sound system telling them to. It’s just not how they roll down there. Though that is probably the saddest fact of life for the Atlanta Braves, it is certainly nothing new, at least since they moved out of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium 15 years ago.
But they must have been particularly silent last night, because Chipper spoke out about it:
Come on Atlanta! The Ted was a morgue tonite. We need you in full force. We feed off you guys. No excuse for the loss! Just sayin…
— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) September 5, 2012
Sorry, dude. If you really did feed off of those guys you would have starved years ago. That said, if you really want the fans to go crazy, try not making the Rockies pitching-staff-by-committee look like the 1966 Dodgers.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)