Sep 5, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Chipper Jones has played in Atlanta for 19 years. You would thus think that by now he would have figured out that Braves fans, whatever their merits, are not going to fill the ballpark very often or get crazy without the scoreboard and the sound system telling them to. It’s just not how they roll down there. Though that is probably the saddest fact of life for the Atlanta Braves, it is certainly nothing new, at least since they moved out of Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium 15 years ago.
But they must have been particularly silent last night, because Chipper spoke out about it:
Come on Atlanta! The Ted was a morgue tonite. We need you in full force. We feed off you guys. No excuse for the loss! Just sayin…
— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) September 5, 2012
Sorry, dude. If you really did feed off of those guys you would have starved years ago. That said, if you really want the fans to go crazy, try not making the Rockies pitching-staff-by-committee look like the 1966 Dodgers.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40