Sep 5, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Random Elias statistical fun today: Giancarlo Stanton‘s 30th homer yesterday marks the second straight year he’s hit 30. And it makes him the fifth player to ever have consecutive 30-home run seasons before they turned 23. The other four: Miguel Cabrera, Albert Pujols, Eddie Mathews and Jimmie Foxx.
One day, after The Great Mushroom War, people in the Land of Ooo are gonna be singing songs of this kids’ exploits around campfires.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)