Sep 5, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Random Elias statistical fun today: Giancarlo Stanton‘s 30th homer yesterday marks the second straight year he’s hit 30. And it makes him the fifth player to ever have consecutive 30-home run seasons before they turned 23. The other four: Miguel Cabrera, Albert Pujols, Eddie Mathews and Jimmie Foxx.
One day, after The Great Mushroom War, people in the Land of Ooo are gonna be singing songs of this kids’ exploits around campfires.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)