Sep 5, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Random Elias statistical fun today: Giancarlo Stanton‘s 30th homer yesterday marks the second straight year he’s hit 30. And it makes him the fifth player to ever have consecutive 30-home run seasons before they turned 23. The other four: Miguel Cabrera, Albert Pujols, Eddie Mathews and Jimmie Foxx.
One day, after The Great Mushroom War, people in the Land of Ooo are gonna be singing songs of this kids’ exploits around campfires.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)