Sep 5, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Random Elias statistical fun today: Giancarlo Stanton‘s 30th homer yesterday marks the second straight year he’s hit 30. And it makes him the fifth player to ever have consecutive 30-home run seasons before they turned 23. The other four: Miguel Cabrera, Albert Pujols, Eddie Mathews and Jimmie Foxx.
One day, after The Great Mushroom War, people in the Land of Ooo are gonna be singing songs of this kids’ exploits around campfires.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)