Sep 5, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Normally “examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum” is enough to cause a panic, but in this case Weaver’s sore shoulder came from being hit by a line drive. In other words, we’re (presumably) not talking about a torn labrum or rotator cuff or any of the usual shoulder-related injuries on which Yocum is famous for performing surgeries.
Plus, Yocum is the Angels’ team doctor, so Weaver going to see him is different than non-Angels pitchers doing the same.
Weaver is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio in 160 innings, although he’s struggled somewhat recently with a 6.14 ERA and seven homers allowed in his last five outings.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)