Sep 5, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Normally “examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum” is enough to cause a panic, but in this case Weaver’s sore shoulder came from being hit by a line drive. In other words, we’re (presumably) not talking about a torn labrum or rotator cuff or any of the usual shoulder-related injuries on which Yocum is famous for performing surgeries.
Plus, Yocum is the Angels’ team doctor, so Weaver going to see him is different than non-Angels pitchers doing the same.
Weaver is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio in 160 innings, although he’s struggled somewhat recently with a 6.14 ERA and seven homers allowed in his last five outings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (173)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)