Sep 5, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Normally “examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum” is enough to cause a panic, but in this case Weaver’s sore shoulder came from being hit by a line drive. In other words, we’re (presumably) not talking about a torn labrum or rotator cuff or any of the usual shoulder-related injuries on which Yocum is famous for performing surgeries.
Plus, Yocum is the Angels’ team doctor, so Weaver going to see him is different than non-Angels pitchers doing the same.
Weaver is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio in 160 innings, although he’s struggled somewhat recently with a 6.14 ERA and seven homers allowed in his last five outings.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)