Sep 5, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Normally “examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum” is enough to cause a panic, but in this case Weaver’s sore shoulder came from being hit by a line drive. In other words, we’re (presumably) not talking about a torn labrum or rotator cuff or any of the usual shoulder-related injuries on which Yocum is famous for performing surgeries.
Plus, Yocum is the Angels’ team doctor, so Weaver going to see him is different than non-Angels pitchers doing the same.
Weaver is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio in 160 innings, although he’s struggled somewhat recently with a 6.14 ERA and seven homers allowed in his last five outings.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1