Sep 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Joey Votto returned from the disabled list yesterday, but wasn’t in the Reds’ starting lineup and didn’t appear in the game off the bench.
That all changes this afternoon, as Votto officially completes his comeback from knee surgery by being in the lineup for the first time since July 15.
It’ll be interesting to see how often (and how well) Votto plays down the stretch, because Todd Frazier‘s emergence in his absence leaves manager Dusty Baker with some tough lineup decisions and Votto admitted yesterday that he’s returning despite not being 100 percent healthy.
For today’s game Votto is starting at first base and batting third, while Frazier is starting at third base with Scott Rolen on the bench.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11