Sep 5, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Joey Votto returned from the disabled list yesterday, but wasn’t in the Reds’ starting lineup and didn’t appear in the game off the bench.
That all changes this afternoon, as Votto officially completes his comeback from knee surgery by being in the lineup for the first time since July 15.
It’ll be interesting to see how often (and how well) Votto plays down the stretch, because Todd Frazier‘s emergence in his absence leaves manager Dusty Baker with some tough lineup decisions and Votto admitted yesterday that he’s returning despite not being 100 percent healthy.
For today’s game Votto is starting at first base and batting third, while Frazier is starting at third base with Scott Rolen on the bench.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)