Sep 5, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
He’ll get $2 million in 2013 and $2.25 million in ’14.
Denorfia has posted a respectable .290/.346/.445 batting line with six home runs, 16 doubles and 30 RBI across 314 plate appearances this season for fourth-place San Diego while making 48 starts in right field, 10 starts in left field and four in center.
The new deal takes care of Denorfia’s final year of arbitration-eligibility and his first year of free agency.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 9
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)