Sep 5, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Roger Clemens confirms to FOX 26 Sports that when he pitches for the Skeeters on Friday in Sugar Land, his son Koby will be his catcher. Koby was released earlier this week by the Toronto Blue Jays organization so he could take part in this remarkable moment with his father.
Since everyone’s accommodating Clemens here, one would hope that they’d arrange it so that the Skeeters’ opponent, the Long Island Ducks, could sign Mike Piazza so they could have a little nostalgic throwdown.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)