Sep 5, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Roger Clemens confirms to FOX 26 Sports that when he pitches for the Skeeters on Friday in Sugar Land, his son Koby will be his catcher. Koby was released earlier this week by the Toronto Blue Jays organization so he could take part in this remarkable moment with his father.
Since everyone’s accommodating Clemens here, one would hope that they’d arrange it so that the Skeeters’ opponent, the Long Island Ducks, could sign Mike Piazza so they could have a little nostalgic throwdown.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)