Roger Clemens to pitch to his son on Friday

Sep 5, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT

Roger Clemens Getty Images

The Roger Clemens vanity tour continues:

Roger Clemens confirms to FOX 26 Sports that when he pitches for the Skeeters on Friday in Sugar Land, his son Koby will be his catcher. Koby was released earlier this week by the Toronto Blue Jays organization so he could take part in this remarkable moment with his father.

Since everyone’s accommodating Clemens here, one would hope that they’d arrange it so that the Skeeters’ opponent, the Long Island Ducks, could sign Mike Piazza so they could have a little nostalgic throwdown.

1. vallewho - Sep 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Both sign with Astros next week?

• spudatx - Sep 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Zero chance. The Astros resisted Roger Clemens’ requests to promote his son in his final year with the Astros. I don’t think Koby has improved since then. I mean, the Astros dropped him a year ago. What kind of competition did he even have? Koby won’t fill seats. Roger will.

2. rr2000k - Sep 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I hear Bob Uecker in my head…this guy even threw at his kid in the father and son game.

• tonyc920 - Sep 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Very Funny, Really !

• manchestermiracle - Sep 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My very first thought upon seeing the headline of this story. Then I saw the kid would be Juicer’s catcher. Kind of a letdown…..

3. historiophiliac - Sep 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Awww, it’s take your old man to the park Friday in Sugar Land. Raffle winner gets to have a game of catch with dad. And the winner is….Koby Clemens! Koby and his dad will throw out the first pitch at 7:05. Free HGH night for the ladies! Bring the whole family.

4. proudlycanadian - Sep 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The Jays were going to release Koby anyways. During the season, they demoted him to single A to Double A. He was recalled to Double A because the starting Double A catcher was called up to Triple A due to injuries.

5. cranespy - Sep 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Pathetic….ranks down there with the Pete Rose autograph tour! The lengths these self absorbed idiots will go to remain relevant. Give it up Rog….we all know your hands are dirty….what’s worse despite the denials and courtroom melodrama….we know you abused roids and your sons know it too…..they know their psycho old man is a cheat. Deal with it.

6. phipfwe76 - Sep 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

How cute.

7. seahawkref - Sep 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM

O.K., Really!!!!!! Who really gives a rats ass what this drug freak is doing; I mean, really. He should be pitching in the prison league for lying to Congress, but hey, go ahead and celebrate this non-jailed criminal.

8. paulhargis53 - Sep 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Guess you all care enough to comment, right?

9. mazblast - Sep 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Roger has long been on the list of People Who Should Just Go Away.

10. hardballfan - Sep 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

He is just doing this for publicity for his son. He played not long ago with the Lexington Legends so that he could play with his son.

Perhaps minor league baseball should start drug testing any former major league players before they can compete. This will surely keep Roger away.

11. allen227 - Sep 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I love reading all these non-athletic computer nerds hide behind there keypads and comment. Try putting a jock on for once in your life and play a sport instead of getting on chat sights and voicing your opinions. Losers!!!

• genericcommenter - Sep 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Not only do I play sports, I also know the difference between “there” and “their” and “sights” and “sites.” Unlike you, I am not complacent fulfilling the stereotype of “dumb jock.”

12. cranespy - Sep 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Whoa Allen….NO I am not a computer nerd and no I am not hiding behind any keyboard and YES as a matter of fact I am an athlete….this is a sports blog on one of the finer sites out there. We all…athlete…non athlete and yes….probably a few computer nerds alike frequent this site. I do so to get a quick review of what’s happening in sports. The ability to comment makes it that much sweeter! Chillax…the NFL kicks off in a few, playoff baseball is staring us right in the face and college FB is already underway!

13. overheaddoor1981 - Sep 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I agree with Allen I wish u losers would just go away.. The man is a legend if he wants to pitch then let him if u don’t like it don’t watch it or click on the story problem solved!

14. vincentbojackson - Sep 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM

overheaddoor1981 calls people “losers” because they despise cheaters.

Interesting.

15. thatyankeedude - Sep 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I just don’t understand the extreme hatred towards this guy. How can you not find that even slightly cool that a man gets to pitch to his son at a high level game? It’s something not seen everyday and so what the guy likes attention but don’t hate on the guy for getting it.

• genericcommenter - Sep 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM

This is not a “high level” game. It is a 50 year old pitching to a 25 year old single-A catcher in an independent league publicity stunt.

• manchestermiracle - Sep 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Gee, yankeedude, what’s not to like about a cheatin’, snotty, self-centered jackass, eh?

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I am with you Dude.
      Personally, I feel if he wants to pitch (and someone wants him to pitch)…it is perfectly within his rights to do so. Pitching against his son makes it that much sweeter.
      The easy thing for people to do is throw stones.
      A lot of people on HBT throw a lot of stones at a lot of people.
      You know…cause’ they are wonderful, genuinely accommodating, incredibly nice folks without fault.

Qualification: Please know is pangs me to agree with a Yankee fan on anything.
      But when you are right…you are right.

16. overheaddoor1981 - Sep 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

That’s right Vincent I call em as I see em. If u despise cheaters so much why do u click on stories of people u believe are cheaters
    Interesting

17. overheaddoor1981 - Sep 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Oh yeah one last thing Vincent Edward I find it funny u call yourself Bo Jackson with all the speculation of his steroid use. Now looks like you will have to change your name maybe to Johnny Damon’s beard or sports talk troll

18. cranespy - Sep 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Sights and their…..you ARE kidding WRIGHT?

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2915)