Sep 5, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Used to be called the Sky Dome. More like the Sky DON’T, amirite?
There was a brief, unofficial rain delay during the Blue Jays’ game against Baltimore on Tuesday night at Rogers Centre.
Stadium officials experienced difficulty while attempting to close the retractable roof as light showers began to fall. The roof was still functioning, but at a much-reduced speed, according to a spokesman for the Blue Jays. The lack of protection from the open skies resulted in a short delay in the middle of the sixth inning.
But not even an act of God or Roof can stop the Orioles these days.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)