Sep 5, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Used to be called the Sky Dome. More like the Sky DON’T, amirite?
There was a brief, unofficial rain delay during the Blue Jays’ game against Baltimore on Tuesday night at Rogers Centre.
Stadium officials experienced difficulty while attempting to close the retractable roof as light showers began to fall. The roof was still functioning, but at a much-reduced speed, according to a spokesman for the Blue Jays. The lack of protection from the open skies resulted in a short delay in the middle of the sixth inning.
But not even an act of God or Roof can stop the Orioles these days.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)