Sep 5, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Used to be called the Sky Dome. More like the Sky DON’T, amirite?
There was a brief, unofficial rain delay during the Blue Jays’ game against Baltimore on Tuesday night at Rogers Centre.
Stadium officials experienced difficulty while attempting to close the retractable roof as light showers began to fall. The roof was still functioning, but at a much-reduced speed, according to a spokesman for the Blue Jays. The lack of protection from the open skies resulted in a short delay in the middle of the sixth inning.
But not even an act of God or Roof can stop the Orioles these days.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)