Sep 6, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Not literally. That would be awful! But he is hitting the baseball often and hitting it hard these days.
Last night he tripled, homered and drove in three runs against Kansas City. He has hit four home runs in his past five games, and has has been notching extra-base hits at an astounding rate: 18 of them in his last 14 games. Since his three-homer game against the Orioles on August 22, he has raised his slugging percentage 73 points, from .480 to .553.
If I’m voting Mike Trout is still my man, but Beltre has to be a part of the MVP conversation.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)