Sep 6, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Not literally. That would be awful! But he is hitting the baseball often and hitting it hard these days.
Last night he tripled, homered and drove in three runs against Kansas City. He has hit four home runs in his past five games, and has has been notching extra-base hits at an astounding rate: 18 of them in his last 14 games. Since his three-homer game against the Orioles on August 22, he has raised his slugging percentage 73 points, from .480 to .553.
If I’m voting Mike Trout is still my man, but Beltre has to be a part of the MVP conversation.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)