Sep 6, 2012, 7:18 PM EST
The Athletics just announced that McCarthy underwent a two-hour surgery last night after a CT scan revealed an epidural hemorrhage, brain contusion and skull fracture. He had another CT scan today which showed improvement from his previous scan while the epidural hemorrhage has subsided. He’s currently resting in the critical care unit of the hospital.
“Our first concern is Brandon’s health, and we are heartened to learn he has shown progress in his recovery after surgery,” said Billy Beane, the A’s vice president and general manager. “We are glad to report he is stable, awake and alert. The team will provide further updates as they become available in the coming days. We would ask members of the media to respect the privacy of Brandon and his family during this time. As we travel to Seattle today, Brandon remains in everyone’s thoughts as we wish him a speedy recovery.”
Everyone at HBT sends out their best wishes to Brandon.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)