Sep 6, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
The Athletics just announced that McCarthy underwent a two-hour surgery last night after a CT scan revealed an epidural hemorrhage, brain contusion and skull fracture. He had another CT scan today which showed improvement from his previous scan while the epidural hemorrhage has subsided. He’s currently resting in the critical care unit of the hospital.
“Our first concern is Brandon’s health, and we are heartened to learn he has shown progress in his recovery after surgery,” said Billy Beane, the A’s vice president and general manager. “We are glad to report he is stable, awake and alert. The team will provide further updates as they become available in the coming days. We would ask members of the media to respect the privacy of Brandon and his family during this time. As we travel to Seattle today, Brandon remains in everyone’s thoughts as we wish him a speedy recovery.”
Everyone at HBT sends out their best wishes to Brandon.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)