Sep 6, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s kind of a boring day, news-wise. Bobby Valentine hasn’t done anything yet. That massive fight with all of the Stevie Nicks fans I got myself into on Twitter is starting to peter out (long story). So, yeah, I’m scanning for something to write about.
Kenny[Held] thought it would be fun on the last day of the season to play all nine positions on the field, since it was the last game of the season.
He changed positions every inning saving the ninth inning to pitch, where he pitched two strike-outs and the ball was clocked at 93 mph in the three up, three down inning to finish the game with an 8-2 AirHog win.
The writer has an interview up with Held at his site. The independent leagues are great because everyone can just have fun, ya know?
Now if you’ll excuse me, there are 100 angry women dressed in black and doing weird little twirly dance moves at my front door. Wonder what they want …
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)