Sep 6, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s kind of a boring day, news-wise. Bobby Valentine hasn’t done anything yet. That massive fight with all of the Stevie Nicks fans I got myself into on Twitter is starting to peter out (long story). So, yeah, I’m scanning for something to write about.
Kenny[Held] thought it would be fun on the last day of the season to play all nine positions on the field, since it was the last game of the season.
He changed positions every inning saving the ninth inning to pitch, where he pitched two strike-outs and the ball was clocked at 93 mph in the three up, three down inning to finish the game with an 8-2 AirHog win.
The writer has an interview up with Held at his site. The independent leagues are great because everyone can just have fun, ya know?
Now if you’ll excuse me, there are 100 angry women dressed in black and doing weird little twirly dance moves at my front door. Wonder what they want …
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)