Sep 6, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s kind of a boring day, news-wise. Bobby Valentine hasn’t done anything yet. That massive fight with all of the Stevie Nicks fans I got myself into on Twitter is starting to peter out (long story). So, yeah, I’m scanning for something to write about.
Kenny[Held] thought it would be fun on the last day of the season to play all nine positions on the field, since it was the last game of the season.
He changed positions every inning saving the ninth inning to pitch, where he pitched two strike-outs and the ball was clocked at 93 mph in the three up, three down inning to finish the game with an 8-2 AirHog win.
The writer has an interview up with Held at his site. The independent leagues are great because everyone can just have fun, ya know?
Now if you’ll excuse me, there are 100 angry women dressed in black and doing weird little twirly dance moves at my front door. Wonder what they want …
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)