Sep 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
An MRI exam on Jered Weaver‘s sore shoulder revealed biceps tendinitis, which actually qualifies as pretty good news for the Angels ace.
Weaver was hit in the shoulder by a line drive Sunday and had already been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow, so returning from a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum without the diagnosis of a major injury is definitely a positive thing.
However, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times the Angels haven’t decided when Weaver will make his next start and presumably they’ll want him to throw a bullpen session or two before making that call.
So for now his status is in limbo, but at least Angels fans can stop holding their breath.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)