Sep 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
An MRI exam on Jered Weaver‘s sore shoulder revealed biceps tendinitis, which actually qualifies as pretty good news for the Angels ace.
Weaver was hit in the shoulder by a line drive Sunday and had already been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow, so returning from a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum without the diagnosis of a major injury is definitely a positive thing.
However, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times the Angels haven’t decided when Weaver will make his next start and presumably they’ll want him to throw a bullpen session or two before making that call.
So for now his status is in limbo, but at least Angels fans can stop holding their breath.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (237)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)