Sep 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
An MRI exam on Jered Weaver‘s sore shoulder revealed biceps tendinitis, which actually qualifies as pretty good news for the Angels ace.
Weaver was hit in the shoulder by a line drive Sunday and had already been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow, so returning from a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum without the diagnosis of a major injury is definitely a positive thing.
However, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times the Angels haven’t decided when Weaver will make his next start and presumably they’ll want him to throw a bullpen session or two before making that call.
So for now his status is in limbo, but at least Angels fans can stop holding their breath.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)