Sep 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
An MRI exam on Jered Weaver‘s sore shoulder revealed biceps tendinitis, which actually qualifies as pretty good news for the Angels ace.
Weaver was hit in the shoulder by a line drive Sunday and had already been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow, so returning from a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum without the diagnosis of a major injury is definitely a positive thing.
However, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times the Angels haven’t decided when Weaver will make his next start and presumably they’ll want him to throw a bullpen session or two before making that call.
So for now his status is in limbo, but at least Angels fans can stop holding their breath.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)