Sep 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
An MRI exam on Jered Weaver‘s sore shoulder revealed biceps tendinitis, which actually qualifies as pretty good news for the Angels ace.
Weaver was hit in the shoulder by a line drive Sunday and had already been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow, so returning from a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum without the diagnosis of a major injury is definitely a positive thing.
However, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times the Angels haven’t decided when Weaver will make his next start and presumably they’ll want him to throw a bullpen session or two before making that call.
So for now his status is in limbo, but at least Angels fans can stop holding their breath.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)