Sep 6, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Or, as McLain refers to him, “Stephen Strousburg,” but let’s just chalk that up to prison educational programs not being as strong as they should be:
Folks, you never see it coming, it takes one pitch, one bad wind-up, one bad anything, but who the hell can predict that someone is going to get hurt? If I am a fan in Washington, I want my money back if they sit this phenom down for the rest of the year, by the way, if they are afraid of him getting hurt, why pitch him at all? Maybe next year, 5 innings huh?
I’m sort of in an uncomfortable position here in that, very broadly speaking, I agree that Strasburg should pitch more, and I never ever like agreeing with a dude like Denny McLain.
But I’m also of the view that Denny McLain is perhaps the biggest idiot to ever wear a baseball uniform and I find the idea that he makes zero connection between the Tigers pitching him into the damn dirt when he was 20-25 years-old and him breaking down and being washed up at age 26 to be almost too delicious to be true.
Anyway, we have to be near the end of the list people who have an opinion on Strasburg. At least until it comes up in the presidential debates.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)