Sep 6, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
The Cardinals lost, but Cardinals fans got to see some of the future in yesterday’s game against the Mets. That future is Shelby Miller, the team’s top pitching prospect who made his major league debut in relief.
Miller tossed two scoreless innings, allowing one hit and striking out four. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Miller will be a bullpen arm for Mike Matheny down the stretch, but with his early season struggles in the past and his obvious talent on display yesterday, it won’t be long before he’s a rotation fixture for the Cards.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)