Sep 6, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
The Cardinals lost, but Cardinals fans got to see some of the future in yesterday’s game against the Mets. That future is Shelby Miller, the team’s top pitching prospect who made his major league debut in relief.
Miller tossed two scoreless innings, allowing one hit and striking out four. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Miller will be a bullpen arm for Mike Matheny down the stretch, but with his early season struggles in the past and his obvious talent on display yesterday, it won’t be long before he’s a rotation fixture for the Cards.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)