Sep 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
That’s gotta hurt.
For the second straight day the Braves beat the Rockies 1-0. For the second straight day, the game’s lone run was unearned. Here it came on an error by pitcher Jhoulys Chacin. And not just some ordinary error. Juan Francisco was on third base. Catcher Wilin Rosario threw the ball back to Chacin after a pitch and Chacin flat out missed it. Just missed the ball. It rolled out towards second and Francisco broke for home.
Yesterday’s came on a throwing error by Josh Rutledge, which was sort of tame by comparison.
It was the first time the Braves have won back-to-back 1-0 games since 1971. It was the first time the Rockies have ever lost back-to-back 1-0 games.
Baseball, man. Baseball.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)