Sep 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
That’s gotta hurt.
For the second straight day the Braves beat the Rockies 1-0. For the second straight day, the game’s lone run was unearned. Here it came on an error by pitcher Jhoulys Chacin. And not just some ordinary error. Juan Francisco was on third base. Catcher Wilin Rosario threw the ball back to Chacin after a pitch and Chacin flat out missed it. Just missed the ball. It rolled out towards second and Francisco broke for home.
Yesterday’s came on a throwing error by Josh Rutledge, which was sort of tame by comparison.
It was the first time the Braves have won back-to-back 1-0 games since 1971. It was the first time the Rockies have ever lost back-to-back 1-0 games.
Baseball, man. Baseball.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)