Sep 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
That’s gotta hurt.
For the second straight day the Braves beat the Rockies 1-0. For the second straight day, the game’s lone run was unearned. Here it came on an error by pitcher Jhoulys Chacin. And not just some ordinary error. Juan Francisco was on third base. Catcher Wilin Rosario threw the ball back to Chacin after a pitch and Chacin flat out missed it. Just missed the ball. It rolled out towards second and Francisco broke for home.
Yesterday’s came on a throwing error by Josh Rutledge, which was sort of tame by comparison.
It was the first time the Braves have won back-to-back 1-0 games since 1971. It was the first time the Rockies have ever lost back-to-back 1-0 games.
Baseball, man. Baseball.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)