Sep 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
That’s gotta hurt.
For the second straight day the Braves beat the Rockies 1-0. For the second straight day, the game’s lone run was unearned. Here it came on an error by pitcher Jhoulys Chacin. And not just some ordinary error. Juan Francisco was on third base. Catcher Wilin Rosario threw the ball back to Chacin after a pitch and Chacin flat out missed it. Just missed the ball. It rolled out towards second and Francisco broke for home.
Yesterday’s came on a throwing error by Josh Rutledge, which was sort of tame by comparison.
It was the first time the Braves have won back-to-back 1-0 games since 1971. It was the first time the Rockies have ever lost back-to-back 1-0 games.
Baseball, man. Baseball.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)