Sep 6, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
That’s gotta hurt.
For the second straight day the Braves beat the Rockies 1-0. For the second straight day, the game’s lone run was unearned. Here it came on an error by pitcher Jhoulys Chacin. And not just some ordinary error. Juan Francisco was on third base. Catcher Wilin Rosario threw the ball back to Chacin after a pitch and Chacin flat out missed it. Just missed the ball. It rolled out towards second and Francisco broke for home.
Yesterday’s came on a throwing error by Josh Rutledge, which was sort of tame by comparison.
It was the first time the Braves have won back-to-back 1-0 games since 1971. It was the first time the Rockies have ever lost back-to-back 1-0 games.
Baseball, man. Baseball.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)