Sep 7, 2012, 5:30 AM EDT
Orioles 10, Yankees 6: Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. Six homers for the O’s, two from Mark Reynolds. It’s the third time Reynolds has hit multiple homers against the Yankees in a week. Yankees pitchers are going to be telling spook stories about this guy to their kids at night.
Nationals 9, Cubs 2: Ho-hum, another Adam LaRoche homer and another lopsided win by the Nats over the Cubs. And some chippy business too. Coaches Jamie Quirk and Bo Porter jawed at each other. Then Lendy Castillo threw a ball at Bryce Harper‘s legs and it was an eject-a-palooza.
Rangers 5, Royals 4: Michael Young must’ve known I was talking smack about him this week. The game-winning RBI single in the 10th. If he keeps that up his OBP may break .300 soon and then I’ll really be eating crow.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (209)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)