Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Via Hugging Harold Reynolds, a great story from Seattle, where Bud Selig was in town to receive that environmental award we talked about yesterday. There was a dinner/reception on the field, and a fan went up to meet the commish:
I walked up to Mr. Selig and said “Nice to meet you. As a lifelong baseball fan I really just wanted to say that I had met the Commissioner of Baseball” and reached out to shake his hand.
He shook my hand and replied, “Now you have” and walked away.
Bud is so money he doesn’t even know he’s money.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 68
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 37
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)