Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Via Hugging Harold Reynolds, a great story from Seattle, where Bud Selig was in town to receive that environmental award we talked about yesterday. There was a dinner/reception on the field, and a fan went up to meet the commish:
I walked up to Mr. Selig and said “Nice to meet you. As a lifelong baseball fan I really just wanted to say that I had met the Commissioner of Baseball” and reached out to shake his hand.
He shook my hand and replied, “Now you have” and walked away.
Bud is so money he doesn’t even know he’s money.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)