Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Via Hugging Harold Reynolds, a great story from Seattle, where Bud Selig was in town to receive that environmental award we talked about yesterday. There was a dinner/reception on the field, and a fan went up to meet the commish:
I walked up to Mr. Selig and said “Nice to meet you. As a lifelong baseball fan I really just wanted to say that I had met the Commissioner of Baseball” and reached out to shake his hand.
He shook my hand and replied, “Now you have” and walked away.
Bud is so money he doesn’t even know he’s money.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)