Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Via Hugging Harold Reynolds, a great story from Seattle, where Bud Selig was in town to receive that environmental award we talked about yesterday. There was a dinner/reception on the field, and a fan went up to meet the commish:
I walked up to Mr. Selig and said “Nice to meet you. As a lifelong baseball fan I really just wanted to say that I had met the Commissioner of Baseball” and reached out to shake his hand.
He shook my hand and replied, “Now you have” and walked away.
Bud is so money he doesn’t even know he’s money.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 103
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 9
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 34
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (115)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)