Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Via Hugging Harold Reynolds, a great story from Seattle, where Bud Selig was in town to receive that environmental award we talked about yesterday. There was a dinner/reception on the field, and a fan went up to meet the commish:
I walked up to Mr. Selig and said “Nice to meet you. As a lifelong baseball fan I really just wanted to say that I had met the Commissioner of Baseball” and reached out to shake his hand.
He shook my hand and replied, “Now you have” and walked away.
Bud is so money he doesn’t even know he’s money.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17