Sep 7, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
Tampa Bay just announced that David Price will not make his scheduled start tomorrow due to “general soreness” in his shoulder.
Chris Archer, the International League strikeout leader who was just called up from Triple-A, will take his place against the Rangers.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times both Price and executive vice president Andrew Friedman are saying that the skipped turn in the rotation is precautionary and for now at least he’s penciled in to face the Yankees next weekend.
Or as Friedman put it: “We feel confident it is not a major situation.”
Price is 17-5 with a 2.54 ERA and 175/54 K/BB ratio in 181 innings this season and led the league with 34 starts last year.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 1
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)