Sep 7, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Tampa Bay just announced that David Price will not make his scheduled start tomorrow due to “general soreness” in his shoulder.
Chris Archer, the International League strikeout leader who was just called up from Triple-A, will take his place against the Rangers.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times both Price and executive vice president Andrew Friedman are saying that the skipped turn in the rotation is precautionary and for now at least he’s penciled in to face the Yankees next weekend.
Or as Friedman put it: “We feel confident it is not a major situation.”
Price is 17-5 with a 2.54 ERA and 175/54 K/BB ratio in 181 innings this season and led the league with 34 starts last year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)