Sep 9, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
It’s certainly good news for the Giants as they throw Barry Zito to go for the series win after splitting the first two games in San Francisco. Kershaw had a 1.73 ERA in four starts against the Giants this season, though that had only gotten him a 1-3 record. As you might have guessed, he wasn’t matched up against Zito in any of those starts.
Blanton last pitched Monday, so tonight’s start will be on five days’ rest for him. He’s 0-2 with a 5.30 ERA in three starts against the Giants this season.
Kershaw is expected to come back and pitch Tuesday. He got a cortisone shot for the hip on Saturday and he wanted to pitch tonight, but the Dodgers declined to give him the go-ahead.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (188)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)