Sep 9, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
It’s certainly good news for the Giants as they throw Barry Zito to go for the series win after splitting the first two games in San Francisco. Kershaw had a 1.73 ERA in four starts against the Giants this season, though that had only gotten him a 1-3 record. As you might have guessed, he wasn’t matched up against Zito in any of those starts.
Blanton last pitched Monday, so tonight’s start will be on five days’ rest for him. He’s 0-2 with a 5.30 ERA in three starts against the Giants this season.
Kershaw is expected to come back and pitch Tuesday. He got a cortisone shot for the hip on Saturday and he wanted to pitch tonight, but the Dodgers declined to give him the go-ahead.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)