Sep 9, 2012, 8:26 PM EST
From beat writer Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that the Indians have activated third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall from the 60-day disabled list and intend to start him on Monday evening in their series finale against the Twins.
Josh Tomlin was transferred from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list in order to clear room on Cleveland’s 40-man roster. He is out for the remainder of this season and most of 2013 after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Chisenhall has been sidelined since late June with a fractured right forearm that required surgery.
The 23-year-old was batting .278 with a .756 OPS in 74 plate appearances before hitting the shelf.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)