Sep 9, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
From beat writer Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that the Indians have activated third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall from the 60-day disabled list and intend to start him on Monday evening in their series finale against the Twins.
Josh Tomlin was transferred from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list in order to clear room on Cleveland’s 40-man roster. He is out for the remainder of this season and most of 2013 after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Chisenhall has been sidelined since late June with a fractured right forearm that required surgery.
The 23-year-old was batting .278 with a .756 OPS in 74 plate appearances before hitting the shelf.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 0
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)