Sep 9, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Teixeira will undergo an MRI on the calf Monday and has already been ruled out for the Yankees’ entire three-game series with the Red Sox that begins on Tuesday night. If the exam reveals another strain, it’s possible that he will be done for the rest of the regular season.
Steven Pearce, a .237/.309/.375 career hitter in the major leagues, is starting at first base in Sunday afternoon’s series finale with Baltimore. The Yanks are currently tied with the O’s atop the AL East.
Teixeira, 32, is batting .255/.336/.478 with 23 home runs and 81 RBI in 509 plate appearances this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)