Sep 10, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Here’s some good news for the surging Angels.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange-County Register, Jered Weaver will rejoin the Angels’ rotation Thursday for the finale of a critical four-game series against the Athletics. Dan Haren will start the series opener tonight while Jerome Wiliams will make a spot start tomorrow and Ervin Santana will pitch Wednesday.
Weaver hasn’t pitched since last Sunday due to right biceps tendinitis. The issue has lingered dating back to when he tossed a complete game shutout against the Athletics on August 6, but he said he felt “pretty good out there” during a 49-pitch bullpen session this afternoon.
Weaver, 29, is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. That includes a 6.14 ERA over his last five starts.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)