Sep 10, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Here’s some good news for the surging Angels.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange-County Register, Jered Weaver will rejoin the Angels’ rotation Thursday for the finale of a critical four-game series against the Athletics. Dan Haren will start the series opener tonight while Jerome Wiliams will make a spot start tomorrow and Ervin Santana will pitch Wednesday.
Weaver hasn’t pitched since last Sunday due to right biceps tendinitis. The issue has lingered dating back to when he tossed a complete game shutout against the Athletics on August 6, but he said he felt “pretty good out there” during a 49-pitch bullpen session this afternoon.
Weaver, 29, is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. That includes a 6.14 ERA over his last five starts.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 35
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)