Sep 10, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Here’s some good news for the surging Angels.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange-County Register, Jered Weaver will rejoin the Angels’ rotation Thursday for the finale of a critical four-game series against the Athletics. Dan Haren will start the series opener tonight while Jerome Wiliams will make a spot start tomorrow and Ervin Santana will pitch Wednesday.
Weaver hasn’t pitched since last Sunday due to right biceps tendinitis. The issue has lingered dating back to when he tossed a complete game shutout against the Athletics on August 6, but he said he felt “pretty good out there” during a 49-pitch bullpen session this afternoon.
Weaver, 29, is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. That includes a 6.14 ERA over his last five starts.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48