Sep 10, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Here’s some good news for the surging Angels.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange-County Register, Jered Weaver will rejoin the Angels’ rotation Thursday for the finale of a critical four-game series against the Athletics. Dan Haren will start the series opener tonight while Jerome Wiliams will make a spot start tomorrow and Ervin Santana will pitch Wednesday.
Weaver hasn’t pitched since last Sunday due to right biceps tendinitis. The issue has lingered dating back to when he tossed a complete game shutout against the Athletics on August 6, but he said he felt “pretty good out there” during a 49-pitch bullpen session this afternoon.
Weaver, 29, is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. That includes a 6.14 ERA over his last five starts.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)