Sep 10, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Here’s some good news for the surging Angels.
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange-County Register, Jered Weaver will rejoin the Angels’ rotation Thursday for the finale of a critical four-game series against the Athletics. Dan Haren will start the series opener tonight while Jerome Wiliams will make a spot start tomorrow and Ervin Santana will pitch Wednesday.
Weaver hasn’t pitched since last Sunday due to right biceps tendinitis. The issue has lingered dating back to when he tossed a complete game shutout against the Athletics on August 6, but he said he felt “pretty good out there” during a 49-pitch bullpen session this afternoon.
Weaver, 29, is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA and 121/38 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. That includes a 6.14 ERA over his last five starts.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)