Sep 10, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
With Nick Markakis out with a broken thumb, Juan Pierre could help the Orioles. Markakis was their leadoff hitter. Pierre, who has 34 steals and a .346 on-base percentage for the Phillies, would give manager Buck Showalter another option to replace him.
Knobler says there is interest on the part of the Orioles, but the Phillies may be loathe to deal.
I have an interest in this. Not because I care about the O’s so much, but I want to see something beautiful happen: the Orioles winning the World Series with a lineup that includes Juan Pierre, Lew Ford and Nate McLouth. It would probably end sabermetrics as we know it.
UPDATE: OK, yeah, you’re right. He wouldn’t be eligible for the postseason since he’d be acquired after September 1. Still: making the playoffs on Pierre power, and having Ford and McLouth take them the rest of the way would still be pretty bitchin’.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)