Sep 10, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The good news: The Yankees just said that Mark Teixeira will not be out for the remainder of the season!
The bad news: They said he’d be out 10-14 games, in a season that has only 22 games left:
Yankees announce MRI showed “irritation” of Tex’s calf strain and he’ll be out “10-14 days.” Also, Melky Mesa to be called up
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) September 10, 2012
I think I’m still picking the Yankees to prevail in the east because I long ago decided to pick the Yankess until they actually stop winning all the damn time. But even if they don’t, I hope all of the people who freak out about such things do less freaking out and looking for someone to blame and more looking around and noticing how many key parts of this team spent large portions of 2012 injured.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8