Sep 10, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The good news: The Yankees just said that Mark Teixeira will not be out for the remainder of the season!
The bad news: They said he’d be out 10-14 games, in a season that has only 22 games left:
Yankees announce MRI showed “irritation” of Tex’s calf strain and he’ll be out “10-14 days.” Also, Melky Mesa to be called up
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) September 10, 2012
I think I’m still picking the Yankees to prevail in the east because I long ago decided to pick the Yankess until they actually stop winning all the damn time. But even if they don’t, I hope all of the people who freak out about such things do less freaking out and looking for someone to blame and more looking around and noticing how many key parts of this team spent large portions of 2012 injured.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 1
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 38
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72