Sep 10, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The good news: The Yankees just said that Mark Teixeira will not be out for the remainder of the season!
The bad news: They said he’d be out 10-14 games, in a season that has only 22 games left:
Yankees announce MRI showed “irritation” of Tex’s calf strain and he’ll be out “10-14 days.” Also, Melky Mesa to be called up
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) September 10, 2012
I think I’m still picking the Yankees to prevail in the east because I long ago decided to pick the Yankess until they actually stop winning all the damn time. But even if they don’t, I hope all of the people who freak out about such things do less freaking out and looking for someone to blame and more looking around and noticing how many key parts of this team spent large portions of 2012 injured.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17