Sep 10, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
The good news: The Yankees just said that Mark Teixeira will not be out for the remainder of the season!
The bad news: They said he’d be out 10-14 games, in a season that has only 22 games left:
Yankees announce MRI showed “irritation” of Tex’s calf strain and he’ll be out “10-14 days.” Also, Melky Mesa to be called up
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) September 10, 2012
I think I’m still picking the Yankees to prevail in the east because I long ago decided to pick the Yankess until they actually stop winning all the damn time. But even if they don’t, I hope all of the people who freak out about such things do less freaking out and looking for someone to blame and more looking around and noticing how many key parts of this team spent large portions of 2012 injured.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)